Selasa, 22 April 2008

Extend Desktop Problem on Notebook with Docking Station

I've experienced a problem when I was trying to extend my notebook, HP Compaq 6510b, display to a monitor, HP LCD Monitor, via docking station. I wanted to set the monitor as primary display and made my notebook screen as secondary display.
I thought that I could do that by just right clicking on desktop » going to Display Properties » Modifying the Settings:
Setting Primary and Secondary Display, Dragging the black squares on the left/right, and Ticking the "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor"
Unfortunately, after I pressed "Apply" or "OK", there's nothing changed. The notebook was still acting as primary display and the monitor was on sleep mode.
Then I realized that there's another way to set my Windows display:
by clicking Intel (R) GMA Driver for Mobile on Control Panel.


I just needed to enable the multiple display and arrange the monitor configuration. Later I found that the Intel display setting overrides Windows XP display settings.