Sabtu, 19 April 2008

RSS Reduces Online Ads Revenue?

I just realized that the Indonesian most well news portal, detikcom, is not generating RSS feeds for its news articles. The feeds are really helpful for me as I am using RSS feeds reader, netvibes, to keep me updated many websites. The only reason I can think of, by having RSS feeds, the number of readers going directly to the website will decrease significantly. That's very-very big issue for the sites generating main revenue from online advertisement. However, I notice that one of detikcom divisions delivering updates on technology issues, detikinet, is not doing the same way.

Hmm.. Since I really needs the feeds so badly, I guess there's a need to search for a workaround here :P
Wait a second
...
voila!

I got Johan over here providing more than what I need :)
I can get the RSS feeds for detikcom at http://azalae.com/newsfeed/detik.php
and hey.. There are feeds for other Indonesian news sites ( Kompas, Gatra, Tempo, etc) as well!
What a great work, Johan!